Friday, October 03, 2008

Post-con comments

It's October already. Time goes by so fast... It is also slowly getting colder...

I am so tired... Convention and travelling really seem to drain me lately. It's either because I'm really getting old or I'm really out of shape. I guess I need to get out and exercice more.

After all the LifeCast app is not that good. In a way, it is better to use the browser Safari to edit the blog directly on Blogger. In any case, blogging on the iPod is not easy since we have to deal with the tiny keyboard (but it's way better than sending SMS on a cellphone!).

The iPod was really useful when I was away. And there are so many fun apps (games, eReader, dictionaries, etc., playing music and video) that it's difficult to keep away from the device. But it is mainly useful to keep in touch with the world (internet, emails, weather, stocks, maps, tv schedule, wikipedia, airport info, election polls, etc.) and people (Facebook, AIM, Twitter, blogging, etc.). Now that I have it, I don't know how I could ever live without it. Nevertheless, it's not easy to get a reliable wifi connection even if I paid a $10 monthly subscription to Boingo. There lies the big advantage of the iPhone over the iPod (but at what cost!). However, as I predicted, VOIP apps are starting to appear and, with the release of the earphones with remote and mic later this month, we'll be able to make VOIP calls via wifi! I can't wait to try that.

No comments: