Sunday, February 02, 2014

Top10 media for 2013

I have now a little time to do a retrospective of my activities for 2013. Here’s a top 10 list of all the media I’ve read or seen during the past year. It’s not exhaustive and they are not listed in order of preference, but rather in alphabetical order. I won’t elaborate on any of them (I don’t have that much time) but whenever possible I’ve put a link either to a commentary I’ve written on the subject or to Wikipedia so you can check detailed information about each of them.


My top 10 books

À la recherche du temps perdu
L’Âne d’or
Cesare Vol. 1-3
Furari
Hitler de Shigeru Mizuki
Hokusai par Shotaro Ishinomori
Je suis vivant et vous êtes morts
La Maison en petits cubes
Thermae Romae Vol. 1-5
Une Anthologie de Jiro Taniguchi

According to Goodreads, I read thirty-seven books in 2013. They were mostly manga. It sounds little but I’ve been busy. Check the link for the complete list.


My Top 10 Movies

Anna Karenina (1961 BBC TV adaptation starring Sean Connery!)
Cloud Atlas
Hitchcock
Karakara
Life of Pi
Lincoln
Looper
Stupeur et tremblements
Sucker Punch
To Rome with love

The other movies I’ve seen are: L'Arbre, Argo, Beverly Hills Chihuahua 3: Viva la Fiesta!, The French Lieutenant’s woman, Habemus Papam, The Lady, Letters to Father Jacob, The Lion in Winter, Northanger Abbey, Prometheus, Satyricon, The Secret world of Arrietty, Skyfall, Swann in love, Total Recall (2012). However that list is not exhaustive since it includes mostly movies I’ve borrowed at the library and none of those I’ve watched on TV (particularly on the fabulous Turner Classic Movies channel).


My Top 10 TV series

A Young Doctor's Notebook (Season 1 & 2) [see my comment]
The Borgias (Season 3)
Continuum (Season 2)
Downton Abbey (Season 4)
Foyle’s War (Season 1 to 8)
Game of Thrones (Season 3)
The Newsroom (Season 2)
Orphan Black (Season 1)
Ripper Street (Season 1 & 2)
Vikings (Season 1)

For the TV series the choice for the top 10 was a much harder one. There was so many excellent series, mostly from the U.K., that it made the selection difficult. I really think that I should watch less TV, but with such a huge choice of titles it is impossible to resist:

Almost human, Atlantis (Season 1), Ben Hur, Bleak House (2005), The Bletchley Circle (Season 1), Bomb girls (Season 2), Broadchurch (Season 1), Call the midwife (Season 1 & 2), Copper (Season 2), Defiance, Doctor Who (Season 7), Elementary (Season 1 & 2), The Fall, Falling Skies (Season 3), Father Brown (2013), Grey’s Anatomy (Season 9 & 10), Hawaii Five-0 (Season 3 & 4), Homeland (Season 3), Mad Men (Season 5 & 6), The Mentalist (Season 5 & 6), Mr Selfridge (Season 1), Murdoch Mysteries (Season 1 to 6), Must love cats (Season 1 & 2), NCIS (Season 10 & 11), NCIS: Los Angeles (Season 4 & 5), The Paradise (Season 1 & 2), Real time with Bill Maher (Season 11), Sherlock (Season 1), Southcliffe, Under the dome, Unforgettable (Season 1 & 2), Utopia, The Vampire Diaries (Season 4 & 5), The Walking Dead (Season 3 & 4), The White Queen.

And I am sure I am forgetting many titles...

[ Traduire ]

No comments: