Sunday, November 10, 2013

The week in review (2013-11-10)

The last two weeks were rather eventful: I felt quite poorly, got a new iPad Air, had to deal with a twenty-seven-hour power outage, got my flu shot, since the temperature is getting much colder I took a few kittens inside the house (I'll keep one and try to find someone to adopt the other two), and had to deal with a bogus order from Amazon (ordered a book in english and received it in spanish!). With all that I didn't write much (two comments about children books (in french): one about Japanese holidays and one about growing tomatoes; and my pile of books to read is getting even taller!). I probably watch too much TV. Two British series that particularly stand out: Atlantis (a mythology-themed adventure series quite similar to Sinbad) and The Paradise (an epoch drama based on a novel by Émile Zola; it's made by the same creator & producers (and with many actors) from Lark Rise to Candleford, and is also quite similar to Mr Selfridge--which was produced before The Paradise but was pushed back and aired after in order to avoid having two similar shows competing for the audience). And now I am so tired...

On the world stage, I've found again nearly an hundred interesting stories that I will share with you after the jump:


Anime & Manga related, Japan, Popular Culture
Apple, apps and mobile devices news
Books, Digital Edition & Libraries Economy, Environment & International/U.S. Politics Health, home & garden Humour
Local News & National Politics Media, Culture, & Society Sciences & History Technology, Gadgets & Internet Union stuff & Montreal's libraries

[ Traduire ]

No comments: