Sunday, November 27, 2016

Monthly notable news (W45-48)

So far, November was quite a busy month. Besides all the exasperation and exhaustion at work (I feel I am working like a blue-collar — it's my understanding that a white-collar should never sweat at work), I kept busy by going to a vegan fest and the Montreal Book Fair. I also finished watching a few tv series like Poldark, A Place to Call Home, Versailles; and Westworld becomes more intriguing.

Winter finally came (temperature in the minus and a little snow on the ground) but I am ready for it since I already got my flu shot. The world events were mostly dominated by the U.S. election and the unexpected election of Donald Trump (that's the beauty of democracy: people have to right to be wrong!), as well as by the passing of Fidel Castro. I also noted the proliferation of announcements and trailers for live-action movie adaptations: Valerian, Blade of the Immortal (a.k.a. L'Habitant de l'infini; directed by Takashi Miike!), Ghost in the Shell, Full Metal Alchemist, Stranger in a strange land, Starship Troopers, Saint Young Men (Les Vacances de Jésus et Bouddha), etc. ! And I discovered a new Fuyumi Soryo's manga about Marie Antoinette (can't wait to receive it and read it)!

However, I still found some time to stay acquainted (a bit) with the affairs of the world. Here's a “few” notable news & links that I came across this month and that I'd like to share with you, after the jump (in no particular order, in both french and english):



Funnies


Pearls Before Swine: Monday, July 4th, 2016 (familiar feeling!)

Bizarro!: Friday, July 8th, 2016

Dilbert: Sunday, July 10th, 2016

From The Gazette, by Boris, November 2nd, 2016

“The morning after”, by David Rowe (Australia), November 9th, 2016

“I will not die until America is destroyed!”, author unknown, November 26th, 2016

[ Traduire ]

No comments: