Thursday, May 23, 2013

Press Review (2013-05-23)

I am right in the middle of a ten-day vacation. Unfortunately, the cold temperature we've had in the middle of the month seems to have revived my cold and I've spent most of the first part of my vacation sleeping, coughing, blowing my nose and adding entries to my new Goodreads account (it's great to list and review books I've read, linking to my blog; I strongly recommend people to try this and comment on my reviews or exchange opinion). I had so much planned (like catching up on my writing or doing stuff around the house: getting rid of mice, cleaning up the garage, etc.). I am feeling a little better now so I should get going (although it has been raining a lot in the last few days) because I fear I will have even less time in the coming months (I've picked up some union duties as a rep and I'm planning to get involved a little in the Goodreads community as librarian). And I'm not getting any younger (today is my birthday, I'm now fifty-one)...

As for the news, there are not much to talk about (besides a series of tornadoes in the U.S.A.), but as usual you can find links to my selection of news stories right after the jump:


Anime & Manga related, Japan, Popular Culture
Apple, apps and mobile devices news
Books, Digital Edition & Library
Economy, Environment & International/U.S. Politics
Health, home & garden
Humour
Local News & National Politics
Media, Culture, & Society
Sciences & History
Technology, Gadgets & Internet

[ Traduire ]

No comments: