Friday, October 21, 2011

Weekly Press Review (2011/10/21)

The last couple of weeks were difficult at work because the computer network was frustratingly slow (difficult for the library staff because it meant extra work and frustrating for the patrons because they had to wait and couldn't get everything they wanted immediately), adding to the depressing work environment created by the imminent closing. Fortunately, it was not all bad and this week was Christmas come early for me: not only Apple released iOS 5 and iCloud on wednesday (hours and hours of download and installation joy -- successful after only two attempts -- and after a long set-up process my iPad2 feels like new!), but they also launch the new iPhone 4S on friday (over three hours of wait in a drenching rain in the early morning -- I got a cold -- plus an hour at Koodo for the activation, to get a new magical device that will replace my old Motorola flip phone, my iPod Touch second generation and even my Canon PowerShot S5IS camera! I am quite satisfied with my black 32Gb iPhone 4S even if it costed me a small fortune). I was so busy in the last few days with that sprint of computer installation that I feel it has been an eternity since I last blogged. I also did a little work around the house, but still found time to read some news (on my new devices):

Anime & Manga related, Japan, Popular Culture

Apple, iPhone 4S and iPad news
Books, Digital Edition & Library
Economy, Environment & International Politics
Health, home & garden
Local News & National Politics
Media, Culture, & Society
Sciences & History
Technology, Gadgets & Internet
See also the “Suggested Links (Shared Items)” in the column on the right side

No comments: