Last January, the nominees for the 37th Japan Academy Prize (aka the Japanese Academy Awards) were announced on the Japan Academy Prize Association website [ in japanese: 日本アカデミー賞公式サイト ] :
The nominees for Best Picture of the year (2014) are:
- The Devil's Path (“Kyoaku”, dir.: Kazuya Shiraishi)
- Like Father, Like Son (“Soshite Chichi ni Naru”, dir.: Hirokazu Koreeda)
- A Boy Called H (“Shonen H”, dir.: Yasuo Furuhata)
- Tokyo Family (“Tokyo Kazoku”, Dir.: Yoji Yamada)
- The Great Passage (“Fune wo Amu”, dir.: Yuya Ishii)
- Ask This of Rikyu (“Rikyu ni Tazuneyo”, dir.: Mitsutoshi Tanaka)
The nominees for Best Director of the year (2014) are:
- Ishii Yuya (The Great Passage)
- Koreeda Hirokazu (Like Father, Like Son)
- Shiraishi Kazuya (The Devil's Path)
- Mitani Koki (The Kiyosu Conference)
- Yamada Yoji (Tokyo Family)
The nominees for Best Animation of the year (2014) are:
- The Tale of Princess Kaguya (“Kaguya-Hime no Monogatari”, dir.: Isao Takahata)
- The Wind Rises (“Kazetachinu”, dir.: Hayao Miyazaki)
- Space Pirate Captain Harlock (“Kyaputen Harokku”, dir.: Shinji Aramaki)
- Puella Magi Madoka Magica The Movie Part 3: Rebellion (“Gekijō-ban Mahō Shōjo Madoka Magica Shinpen: Hangyaku no Monogatari”, dir.: Yukihiro Miyamoto)
- Lupin the Third vs Detective Conan The Movie (“Rupan Sansei Vasasu Meitantei Konan The Movie”, dir.: Hajime Kamegaki)
Here we are listing only the categories that are of interest for our blog, but you'll find more details on ALL the nominees on the Tokyo Hive and Internet Movie Database. You'll find also some information (mostly about the anime category and the anime- & manga-related nominations) on Anime News Network.
The award winners will be announced on March 7, 2014, so stay tuned!
Update (2014-03-09): The winners have been highlighted. I have also posted the full list of winners in this new entry. You can find more information on Variety, The Hollywood Reporter, Anime News Network and, of course, the official Japan Academy Prize website (or the auto-translated version).
[ Traduire ]